Agir Pour l’Audition (APA) offers two types of calls for proposals in order to:
- support French research laboratories in the field of hearing sciences, including basic, applied, clinical, sociological and epidemiological research.
- support young investigators to strengthen the excellence of French laboratories.
The aim is to support new approaches, to promote multidisciplinary research and, more broadly, to implement innovations and outcomes in order to improve hearing health in the short or long term.
APA fellowships are awarded to postdoctoral fellows holding a Ph.D or a M.D./Ph.D. and also – NEW THIS YEAR – to ENT residents seeking PhD training.
Only teams in academic or clinical public or non-profit research institutions are eligible for the call.
To be eligible for an APA fellowship, the postdoctoral fellow must:
- be a French resident applying for a position in a foreign country,
- not be a French resident applying for a position in a French lab,
- be a French citizen working in a foreign lab and applying for a position in a French lab,
- hold a Ph.D. or a M.D./Ph.D. up to 7 years after completing their Ph.D.,
- obtain a full-time position in the host laboratory.
To be eligible for an APA fellowship, the ENT resident must:
- be a French citizen applying for a position as Ph.D. student in a French lab, and
- obtain a full-time position for 3 years in the host laboratory for his/her PhD training.
The following are not eligible for the call:
- host laboratories if they hold an active APA award by the time of the 2017 APA fellowship activation, i.e. October 1, 2017.
- investigators holding a permanent position as faculty (reader, instructor, assistant professor, associate professor or full professor)
- fellows awarded an APA fellowship in the past
- laboratories with an affiliation with members of the APA Scientific Committee and Board of Directors.
The overall budget of the 2017 call for proposals is set to 360,000 euros.
Postdoctoral fellowships are awarded up to 60.000 Euros per year for a full-time salary of 2 years maximum. Fellowships for ENT residents seeking a PhD training are awarded up to 35.000 Euros per year for a full-time salary for 3 years maximum. The exact amount of the fellowship will be set according to the salary grid of the host institution.
The funding is provided annually and continuation of support for an additional year is based on a report to be evaluated by the APA Scientific Committee.
The call is organized in four stages:
- Submission of applications.
- Review by the APA Scientific Committee.
- Selection of proposals by the APA Scientific Committee.
- Approval from the Board of Directors.
|November 30, 2016||Launch of the call for fellowships|
|January 23, 2017||Electronic application deadline|
|February 2, 2017||Original submission deadline|
|February 15, 2017||Meeting of the APA Scientific Committee|
|May 2017||Award notification|
|October 1, 2017||Award activation|
|September 30, 2018||Deadline for grant agreement signature|
Download the application form and policies of the call in the Resources tab.
Marie-Josée Duran, Ph.D.
Send an e-mail
Tel: +33 1 55 78 20 12
The 2017 call for projects is now closed.